Tuesday, June 23, 2009

All Things Work Together For Good

"And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose.”

Every time I read this passage of Scripture, I wonder why God called me. For the most part, in a crowd of people, I’m least likely to be noticed. Perhaps it’s because I’m the one who enters a room and looks for the corner. I’m not one to demand attention. I’m quiet and shy. So why would God call me? I’ll share a secret with you, because He has a plan!

I’m always encouraged when I read how much God loves and forgives the people of Israel. Even with all their drama, He remains faithful to His promise. He promised them peace and prosperity for as long as they served Him, worshiped Him and put any other god away and they did and they had peace and prosperity. On the other side, He told them that at any time they turned away from Him, their enemies would overtake them. We see throughout Scripture where God’s words became reality. We see and hear it on the news even today, but the fact remains, they want peace but peace won't come because of that covenant. God still loves His people and has a plan for His people. Whether we trust and obey or if we turn away, He still has a plan. It’s up to us to fulfill our purpose. We can choose our own path, be led astray and we’ll face hard times alone, or we can choose to surrender to His call and walk this road of life with all its mountains and valley’s but with assurance knowing God has paved the way before us.

Band press kits Quantcast