Monday, June 29, 2009

Just Say the Word!

This morning, I woke up bright and early with a lot on my mind. I needed to go for a walk and just spend some time with God. I wanted to hurry and get out the door before anyone woke up, but that didn't happen. As soon as I was dressed, had Rockie on his leash and had walked out the door, I heard my little girl ask, "Mommy, can I walk with you." I couldn't resist. I saw her smile and just couldn't help myself. I knew I needed the alone time but couldn't find it in my heart to tell her no, so she came with me.

As we walked, I began releasing all that was on my heart. Though outwardly it was unnoticeable, God heard everything I was thinking. Later, when we got back, I took out my Bible for my morning devotion. God had definitely heard my cry for help and He responded with this story found in Matthew chapter 8.


Matthew 8:5-10, 13 NASB
"...when Jesus entered Capernaum, a centurion came to Him, imploring Him, and saying, “Lord, my servant is lying paralyzed at home, fearfully tormented.” Jesus said to him, “I will come and heal him.” But the centurion said, “Lord, I am not worthy for You to come under my roof, but just say the word, and my servant will be healed. “For I also am a man under authority, with soldiers under me; and I say to this one, ‘Go!’ and he goes, and to another, ‘Come!’ and he comes, and to my slave, ‘Do this!’ and he does it.” Now when Jesus heard this, He marveled and said to those who were following, “Truly I say to you, I have not found such great faith with anyone in Israel. And Jesus said to the centurion, “Go; it shall be done for you as you have believed.” And the servant was healed that very moment.


When I read this story today, the words "Just say the word" captivated my heart. What faith! What amazing, unwaivering faith! The centurion recognized Jesus authority and knows that with just a spoken word from Jesus, his servant will be healed. What a lesson we can take from this.

What's going on in your life right now? What do you have need of? Are you searching for answers? Are you searching for peace? Perhaps you're battling with your health, finances, direction or maybe you're just seeking a closer walk with God. First, remember this. We need to recognize and remember Jesus' authority, then surrender our needs and caste all our cares on Him and then just begin to rejoice knowing that when God speaks His Word will make the difference! He knows where you are today. He knows what you're going through and He's right there with you. Don't give up! Don't give in! Keep trusting Him and like I heard someone say recently, "When you can't hear God, read God!" His Word is faithful! His Word is sure! His Word is Powerful! His Word is all that you need! Amen! Amen! and Amen!

Worship Him today!


Hebrews 11:3a NASB
"By faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God."

Isaiah 55:11 NASB
"So will My word be which goes forth from My mouth; It will not return to Me empty, without accomplishing what I desire, and without succeeding in the matter for which I sent it."

Band press kits Quantcast