Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Recaptured Vision

God's sweet, soft voice once called my name
so many years ago.
I responded with "Yes, my dear Lord"
Though His question I did not know.

As He embraced me in His strong, gentle arms
My heart released it's joyful praise
"I will serve you, O Lord. I will go where you lead.
I will proclaim Your name all my days!"

My heart was so intertwined with His
It mattered not what he'd implore.
My answer would never be withdrawn or be swayed
I was ready for whatever He had in store.

Or was I?
I dare not speak in vain.
What's this He's asking of me?
This is impossible! I'm going insane.

You've called me to witness
You've called me to shine
You've called me to speak out saying
"you'll open the eyes of the blind"

You've showered me with blessings
Taught me to play and sing
You've set my feet on this winding path
telling me you will lead.

I'm trying hard to follow
I'm trying hard to keep up
Sometimes I try to jump ahead
and sometimes I want to give up

This is impossible for me, Lord
This is so out of my league
I'm not strong enough for this, Lord
I beginning to feel fatigue

The way is sometimes clouded
Perhaps I've gone astray
No wait, I think I hear you
Keep talking, please don't delay.

Your voice brings me comfort
It's the security I need
Cause when I can't see Your hand at work
Your voice safely guides me.

I've stumbled several times now, Lord
I've fallen and skint my knees
I never realized, way back when,
How difficult this would be

But I won't turn back
No I didn't speak in vain
I'm proud to be a Christian
I want to proclaim your name.

I'm a soldier in Your army, Lord
My battle scars are old and new
My vision has been impaired at times
Cause I took my eyes off You.

Now I'm firmly rooted and grounded
I know in whom I believe
I will keep my eyes fixed on Jesus
I will not be deceived

You called my name then and I answered
Today my answer is still the same
The vision is recaptured
My heart cries "yes!" over and over again!

Written By: Kimberly Waters
Date: August 26, 2009

Band press kits Quantcast