Thursday, May 7, 2009

Wait for the Lord

"Wait for the Lord;
Be strong and let your heart take courage;
Yes, wait for the Lord."

Psalm 27:14 NASB


With so many decisions to make, so many choices to choose from. In every aspect of my life, I want to be pleasing to the Lord. I want to be where He wants me to be, doing what He wants me to do, living as He wants me to live and just totally, completely, 100% be sold out to Him! My heart's desire and #1 passion is to be everything God wants me to be. I've failed him all too often. I've went my own way too many times. I've made my decisions too many times and have had to reap the benefit or consequeneses. God doesn't break our arm to be in His perfect Will. He gives each of us our chance to choose. At times we go our own way and tho' He blesses us, the blessings are not as great as they could have been. And some times going our own way gets us in to big trouble. No matter where our own path leads us, He's forever standing there waiting for us to come back to Him and with open arms He invites us to follow Him again.

Too many times, I've had to learn things the hard way. My stubborness, hard-headedness and impatience has lead me all too often to grief. Whether sin or just simply walking in God's permissive will neither are as satisfiying as God's Perfect Will! It's only when we stand and wait on the Lord that our strength is renewed. It's only when we wait on the Lord that our battles are overcome. It's only when we wait on the Lord that our requests and petitions are answered and the path is brightened enough to take another step. It's only when we wait on the Lord that are faith is increased!

Maybe you're facing a "mountain". Maybe there's something or someone in your way. Whatever your circumstanc, wherever your decisions have left you or are leading you, and no matter what your choices may seem to be... "Wait on the Lord; Be strong and let your heart take courage; Yes, wait on the Lord!"

He is the author and finisher of our faith. He is the beginning and the end! He is Jehovah Jirah! He is God! Praise Him Saints of God for His goodness and His mercy! He IS worthy to be praised!

- originally posted at www.mychurch.org/kdtw 9/17/07

Band press kits Quantcast